Corporate Governance, Including Creation Of Advisory Boards Councils
When governing your company, business, or corporation, legal counsel must often be taken to ensure that your endeavors are legally sound and closed off to potential future liabilities. If you are a business owner, you want to make sure that the actions you take benefit rather than harm your company. With the aid of a qualified attorney you can guarantee your business’s legal side is covered while you manage the business itself.
As a business owner or company leader, you know the importance of complying with the requirements of corporations.
Corporate Governance Issues
From accurate bookkeeping to establishing and following bylaws to annual reporting, Hopkins Centrich attorneys can counsel you on a number of corporate governance issues, including:
- Structure and composition of the board of directors and board duties
- Succession planning for senior leadership
- Risk management
- Compensation for executives and directors
- Charter and bylaws creation and review
- Representation of the board and its committees
- Rights and responsibilities of board and company leadership
- Rules and procedures
- Transactional issues including conflict of interest and compliance
- Recordkeeping including recording of minutes
- Formal business decision-making process and documentation
Changes In The Law
We are well versed and knowledgeable to help you with investor/shareholder/owner issues including obtaining investors, profit distributions, voting, succession, officer and director liability, professional licensing, and merger and acquisitions. You can expect us to remain well informed and up-to-date on changes in the law.
We counsel in the important decision-making behaviors that will affect the future of your business and its stakeholders.
Joseph Centrich has experience dealing with a wide range of business management and governance issues, and can provide advice to companies at all stages of the company’s life cycle. If you are in the Woodlands, Conroe or the Houston area and have a contract issue, contact Hopkins Centrich to speak personally with a business law attorney.