What Is a Business Tort?
Business torts, like business fraud, involve deception or misrepresentation which results in economic harm to a business. Whereas business fraud results in harm done directly to a business, torts do harm to assets which are less tangible, such as to a business' ability to form new contractual relationships or expected profits from the continuance of existing contractual relationships.
ATTORNEYS WITH BROAD EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS LITIGATION
With over 100 years of combined legal experience, HCWD, PLLC represents our clients who have been harmed financially by banks, investment brokers, joint ventures, manufacturers of defective products, realtors and other corporations. We help people victimized by illegal, fraudulent, or otherwise unfair or unlawful business practices, including:
- Breach of contract, and fraud in contracts
- Fraud in the sale of a business or franchise
- Investment fraud
- Financial fraud, such as the misappropriation of funds, forgery, or wire fraud
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Fraudulent advertising and marketing schemes
- Concealment of debts, undervaluing or overvaluing of assets
- Accounting fraud
- Mortgage fraud
- Theft of trade secrets and intellectual property
With over 110 years of combined experience, HCWD, PLLC business tort lawyers have extensive experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in business litigation.
One of our attorneys can assess your case and determine the necessary steps to take toward protecting your interests and limiting the damage that a business tort can create.