Mr. Centrich received his B.B.A. in 2002 from the University of Texas at Austin, where he majored in Finance and was a member of the Business Honors Program. He received his J.D. in 2006 from the University of Texas School of Law where he was a member of the Review of Litigation.
Joseph Centrich’s practice focuses on a complex business litigation in both state and federal courts. Mr. Centrich has represented construction, professional services, physicians, online publishing, and internet service companies and firms in a wide range of disputes. His experience spans a wide range of issues, including contract disputes, publisher’s rights under the First Amendment and shareholder suits.
Mr. Centrich’s business background also includes considerable experience in general corporate and transactional matters, primarily advising medium sized companies in the growth phase of their development regarding entity selection, business succession planning, employment matters, corporate acquisitions & divestitures, and corporate governance. Mr. Centrich is a board member with the Woodlands Bar Association. In addition, he has been a board member with the Texas Exes Young Alumni Committee and the Circle of Friends, benefiting the Dell Children’s Hospital. Mr. Centrich has also served as an adjunct professor at St. Edwards School of Management and Business for its M.B.A. program.
The Woodlands Bar Association is a non-profit organization of The Woodlands, Texas area attorneys which is committed to promoting and developing the highest legal standards in our community. Additionally, the WBA raises money for scholarships and provides pro bono opportunities to serve the local community. Mr. Centrich is a member of the Board of Directors for the WBA.
The Circle of Friends is a network of regional support groups in Central Texas that raise awareness and funds for Children's Medical Center Foundation of Central Texas to benefit Dell Children’s. Each chapter is committed to continued support through grassroots fundraising activities throughout the year. Mr. Centrich has been involved with the Uptown chapter prior to relocating to The Woodlands.
The Young Men’s Business League is one of the oldest social service organizations in Austin and benefits at-risk youth in the area. Mr. Centrich has been a member prior to relocating to The Woodlands.
The Texas Exes Young Alumni Association helps recent graduates of the University of Texas maintain relationships with their school and friends from their time on campus. The organization plans a number of social events during the year and raises money for local charities. Mr. Centrich has served on the planning committee prior to relocating to The Woodlands.
- Successfully defended a national publishing company in class action litigation in four different states with total claims exceeding $7 billion. Allegations included claims of violating the right of publicity, defamation and unfair business practices. Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of four cases in favor of the publisher, and settled the remaining case for under $10,000.
- Represented international investment group in shareholder dispute that resulted in multimillion dollar award in favor of our client.
- Defended Texas physicians from enforcement of an invalid non-compete agreement, resulting in the agreement being declared unenforceable under the Texas Business & Commerce Code §15.50.
- Represented company in shareholder dispute that resulted in efficient and cost-effective buyout of minority interest shareholder.
- Successfully pursued numerous breach of contract claims with settlements and awards ranging from $50,000 to over $1 million.
- Business Representation
- Asset Protection and Estate Planning
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- The Woodlands Bar Association
- The Woodlands Chamber of Commerce
- State Bar of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., Finance, Business Honors
- University of Texas School of Law J.D.