Commercial litigation covers a broad scope of legal matters that involve lawsuits between individuals and business entities in state or federal courts. The attorneys at HCWD, PLLC provide comprehensive plaintiff and defendant commercial and fiduciary representation, either through alternative dispute resolution or through trial. We have successfully pursued and defended claims in various highly specialized business fields, and the personal attention we give our clients gives us the ability to understand our clients' businesses so that we can effectively protect their interests. As skilled trial attorneys, we are adept in determining the best approach to take with cases - whether favorable results can be obtained in settlement or whether trial is in our client's best interests.
Litigation and Related Services
Fiduciary Representation and Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Will Contests
- Removal of Executors and Trustees
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Will and Trust Interpretation
- Self Dealing
- Successfully defended a national publishing company in class action litigation in four different states with total claims exceeding $7 billion. Allegations included claims of violating the right of publicity, defamation and unfair business practices. Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of four cases in favor of the publisher and settled the remaining case for under $10,000.
- Represented international investment group in shareholder dispute that resulted in multimillion dollar award in favor of our client.
- Defended Texas physicians from enforcement of an invalid non-compete agreement, resulting in the agreement being declared unenforceable under the Texas Business & Commerce Code §15.50.
- Represented company in shareholder dispute that resulted in efficient and cost-effective buyout of minority interest shareholder.
- Successfully pursued numerous breach of contract claims with settlements and awards ranging from $50,000 to over $1 million.