Business Lawyers in Houston
Houston is all about the energy industry, especially oil. However, suppose you want to expand your business. In that case, some of the large sectors of this area are aerospace, biomedical research, healthcare, and more. It is the fourth largest metro area in the United States, and it also has the largest area of petrochemical manufacturing in the world. That is including fertilizers, insecticides, and synthetic rubber. There are more than 3000 energy-related businesses in the area, and most of them are gas and oil exploration and production companies. There are over 23 Fortune 500 companies located in Houston, and it is the top city for job creation in America.
There are also 23 active foreign chambers of commerce located here and 40 different foreign governments with commercial and trade offices in Houston. This is the one area that was meant for business.
Business Transactions, Formation and Law in Houston
There are a lot of legal challenges that businesses have to deal with daily, and running a business is hard enough without needing to think about if your business is protected legally or not. It does not matter if your business is a start-up, you are restructuring, or you are going out of business. The business attorneys at HCWD, PLLC, can help you with legal insight, courtroom experience, and industry knowledge to help you with any business formation and transactional needs.
Call for a consultation at 281-210-0140 or fill out the online form to find out how we can help you.
What we can do for your business:
- Construction law and arbitration: including architect contracts, enforcement or challenge of mechanics’ liens,construction contracts, supply contracts, joint bidding agreements, OSHA claims, liquidated damages, claims for breach of contract, and subcontractor agreements.
- Business formation: including compliance plans, selecting entities, trade secret protection, entity formation, partnership and shareholder agreements, sale and purchase agreements, intellectual property, and employment agreements.
- Intellectual property and trade secret protection: including licensing or technology development agreements, non-competition or non-solicitation agreements, confidentiality agreements or NDAs, trademarks and copyrights, and rental work agreements
- Administrative law: including licensure defense, protectionagainst healthcare compliance issues, defense against healthcare compliance issues, andhealthcare fraud.
- Commercial transactions: including independent contractor agreements, real estate acquisition, equipment acquisition, key asset acquisition, acquisitions and mergers, corporate restructuring, and more.
- Oil and gas law: including work-over contracts, manufacturing contracts, equipment contracts, oil field service agreements, farm-out agreements, participation agreements, production agreements, gas and oil law, and exploration agreements.
- Commercial litigation: including deceptive trade practices, patent infringement defense, temporary injunctions and restraining orders for business interference, hostile buyouts or takeovers, business dissolution, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation and fraud, trade secret theft, shareholder oppression, shareholder or partnership disputes, contract disputes and breach of contracts.